Are new Scleral Lenses the right fit for you?
Our office has recently started offering the Scleral Lens, a unique contact lens for people with eye diseases that normally prevent them from wearing contact lenses.
Scleral Lenses can help patients with:
- Pellucid Marginal Degeneration
- Post-refractive surgical complications due to LASIK, Radial Keratotomy (R-K) surgery, PRK, ALK, CK, and so on. Many of these complications include distorted and fluctuating vision, halos, light sensitivity, reduced vision at night and indoors, glare, halos, starbursting, ocular pain, chronic dry eyes and so on.
- Complications resulting from corneal transplant surgery such as irregular, distorted corneas, chronic dry eye and unstable vision.
- Post-LASIK corneal ectasia. At one time it was thought that corneal ectasia was a rare risk factor for LASIK. In reality, we are seeing more and more patients suffering vision loss due to post-LASIK ectasia and other side effects from LASIK years after the surgery was done.
- Chronic dry eye due to systemic disease, medications and a variety of ocular conditions.
- A variety of corneal and ocular conditions such as Stevens-Johnson Syndrome, Sjogren’s Syndrome, corneas damaged as a result of ocular trauma, corneal degenerations and dystrophies, chemical and burn injuries to the eye, and adjacent ocular structures, eyelid abnormalities, aniridia and many other diseases.
Could Scleral Lenses be the solution for you? Make an appointment at our office here: https://schedule.solutionreach.com/scheduling/subscriber/3048/scheduler