Who is a candidate for OVC?
- Nearsighted individuals who are too young for LASIK surgery or for some other reason are not good candidates for vision correction surgery. Because it can be discontinued at any time without permanent change to the eye, people of any age can try the procedure, as long as their eyes are healthy.
- People who participate in sports, or who work in dusty, dirty environments that can make contact lens wear difficult.
How long does Overnight Vision Correction take?
- 1-2 days overnight for initial improvement.
- Several weeks for full vision correction.
How does Overnight Vision Correction work?
- You will wear specially designed GP lenses at night only.
- You will need to see your eye care professional regularly to ensure your lenses are fitting well and your eyes are healthy.
- Since during sleep the lenses fit tightly on the eye, it’s especially important to clean and disinfect the lenses upon removal each morning.
Have more questions?
Refer to these educational links for further reading on OrthoKeratology.
Does your child wear glasses to see the board in class and need stronger glasses every year?
If so, they may be a victim of Myopia Progression but we are here to help.
What is Myopia Control?
• Treatment that can be done to slow the progression of myopia.
• These treatments reduce stress and fatigue associated with the development and progression of nearsightedness.
How can we treat Myopia Control?
• Atropine eye drops
• Myopia Control contact lenses
• Orthokeratology (“ortho-k”)
What if Myopia goes untreated?
• Risk of Cataracts are twice as high among subjects with high myopia.
• Increased prevalence of Glaucoma.
• 55% of Retinal Detachment are attributable to myopia.
Myopia Control Treatment in Jackson NJ
• Our team is here to help with a customized treatment plan that will be the most effective course of action for your child. Please contact The Eye Center at Jackson for more information on setting up your free Myopia Control Consultation. Dr.Raghu is waiting to help eliminate your child’s Myopia.
Additional Useful Information
- Free Tool to Manage and Assess Myopia Risk
- Along with other useful information, this website features a 6 question survey with specific advice based on your child’s risk of myopia development or worsening. Although this website is helpful it is important to have your child assessed by Dr.Raghu to correctly diagnose any condition.